Updates: The Salon Leeds Re-opening following Coronavirus closure
We are pleased to advise that due to relaxation of government guidelines and the implementation of additional hygiene measures and procedures in place we aim to re-open on Saturday 4th July 2020. There are a number of changes in place which you must be aware of, procedures that we have had to put in place to be able to offer services in a safe environment (this is still being updated).
- There is no waiting area, customers must wait outside until called
- Your temperature will be taken upon arrival using a contactless temperature sensor, if it is more than 37.5°C then you will not be able to enter
- We cannot provide any drinks, although you can bring your own
- Although not compulsory, we ask customers to wear face masks where possible, and have their own (although a limited number are available). We do not expect them to be used by customers with medical conditions such as asthma
- Enhanced PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) will be used by staff, including face visors
- Hand sanitiser and antiseptic wipes will be available for use by customers
- For distancing measures, there are a reduced number of seats available in the salon, so on some days we may need to use training rooms upstairs
- Service times have had to be increased to avoid over-running and to facilitate cleaning in between clients
- No cash payments can be taken, card transactions only. You can pay by card, or we can charge the card used to book your appt.
- All our tools and working areas will be cleaned and disinfected before and after every client
- The salon will receive a deep clean throughout and at the end of every day.
What we ask of our clients
- Please do not book in if you have had Covid-19, symptoms, or have been exposed to people or work environments that have had – or likely to have had – the virus
- Do not book unless you can definitely attend
- Arrive on time
- Attend and enter the premises alone (without partners, children etc)
- Make use of all sanitisers and antiseptic wipes provided
- Do not ask for complex or additional services that may cause the stylist to overrun
It is essential that Customers book for the services they will have, we cannot provide additional services on the day. Also we ask that all Customers advise us of colours and treatments etc they have done at home, you can add comments at time of booking.
Skin tests will be overdue for many customers, so you should contact us to arrange to pop in.
Also, availability of student services is limited to specific days, as below.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Service & price changes Due to new procedures, acquisition of PPE, increased appointment times, allocated cleaning time and increased staff working hours, the cost of opening and providing services has greatly increased. We have therefore had to:
- Amend the list of available services
- Allocate longer times for every service (to prevent over-running and allowing cleaning time between each client)
- Implement a small price increase
- Continue our Fair Policy to minimise losses from no-shows
Price increases are in no way to take advantage of the situation, but to ensure that the salon can open and operate viably in the face of a significant increase in running costs.